SWIMMING POOL POLICY
Our indoor/outdoor heated swimming pool is open year round. Swim lessons, pool parties, water aerobics classes and free swim are offered in both the main area and the kid-friendly area. Pool hours are the same as the Center hours.
- The MHF pool will close 15 minutes before the entire facility closes.
- Lap Swim: At least one lane open at all times during the day.
- Everyone must rinse off before entering the pool. A soap shower is preferred.
- Please dry off before entering the locker rooms.
- Children 9 years and under must be under direct adult supervision at all times.
- Children ages 10-15 may swim unattended with a parent on premises and lifeguard on duty during existing 'family swim' times as marked on the pool schedule. The lifeguard may evaluate swimming proficiency at any time.
- Children not potty trained must wear swim diapers and covers at all times.
- Children 5 and up must use appropriate locker rooms while accompanied by an adult.
- Large floats and toys are not allowed in the pool. Kickboards are for swimming use only.
- Emergency equipment is for lifeguard use only.
- Keep off lane ropes.
- No glass allowed on the pool deck or in locker room areas.
- No diving allowed.
- Anyone with ear infections, skin irritations, open wounds or any communicable diseases may not enter the pool.
- An emergency phone, first-aid kit, and an AED are available at the Service Desk.
- Inclement weather: Pool will close for 20 minutes following a sound of thunder or a lightning sighting.
- No chewing gum
LAP SWIMMING RULES
- We encourage lap swimming during the designated time. Lane etiquette: Lanes can be shared.
- If there is one lap swimmer, use of an entire lap lane is allowed; however, no one is entitled to have exclusive use of an entire lane if someone else wants to swim.
- If there are two lap swimmers, it is acceptable for one swimmer to swim on the right side and the second swimmer on the left side in one lane.
- If there are three or more swimmers wishing to swim, the policy is to use circle swimming where swimmers swim out on the right-hand side and back on the left-hand side of lane line. The first lane (closest to the wall) should be for slower swimmers and the second lane for faster swimmers.
- If there are only two lanes up during designated adult swim hours and there are six or more swimmers, the Service Desk will try to assist in putting up more lap lanes.
- During our Aqua Aerobics classes, one lap lane will be available for lap swimmers. No swimming outside of the one lane unless you are participating in the Aqua Aerobics class.
- 36 laps (or 71 lengths) = 1 Mile
- Pool temperature is kept at approximately 81-84 degrees.
We offer a variety of group exercise classes in the pool.
For class schedule, visit our Pool Schedule page, or pick one up at the Service Desk.
Private and Semi-Private Lessons are offered year round. See the Service Desk for details. Group lessons are offered for children as well.
Pool parties are available to members and open to the public. Different days and times are available. Please see the Service Desk for pricing and scheduling.
- The following guidelines have been established for the safety of your children.
- Children ages 5 and up are not allowed in opposite-sex locker rooms.
- Children ages 11 and under are not allowed in the weight or cardio areas.
- Children ages 12-14 must be accompanied by a parent to be in the weight or cardio areas.
- Children ages 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times. This includes the lobby.
- Please refer to the Pool Rules for information regarding children’s policies and the pool.